We serve veterans in Cherokee County Georgia by providing help with food, limited housing, clothing, Veterans Affairs claims, home of record, and other support.
1. Develop programs to help identify homeless veterans that provide focused and sustained assistance to help homeless vets to become self sufficient or and/or obtain needed assistance/benefits.
2. Create a Public/Private program that keeps local government informed of homeless veteran program status while limiting the financial, personnel and material impacts of programs on local government.
3. Integrate and leverage other county based veteran organizations to create a single program focus for program implementation.
4. Leverage lessons learned and programs from other groups and non-profits across the country to ensure we are not limited by local ideas.
5. Create a sustainable framework so that this program is not just a one day a year program.
6. Promote veterans working with veterans.
Meet the team serving homeless veterans in Cherokee County.